VT have a vision to be the best provider of public transport in Western Australia, Veolia Transport Perth (operating as Southern Coast Transit) is one of Perth's biggest bus companies.
VT operates bus services in the northern and southern regions of the Perth Metropolitan area. Located in the north are the Joondalup and Wangara Operations and in the south, the Fremantle/Cockburn, Rockingham and Mandurah Operations.
VT also operates the popular free CAT (Central Area Transit) services in Joondalup, Perth City and Fremantle as well as the Rockingham City Central Tranist Service.
Southern Coast Transit was formed in 1995 in response to the Western Australian Government's decision to privatise commuter bus services. In 1996, it became the first service provider in the Rockingham and Mandurah area and has since expanded that service to include the Perth, Joondalup and Fremantle CBDs.
In 2004, Southern Coast Transit became a member of Veolia Transport, a leading private provider of passenger transport in Australasia.
- With 850 staff, VT is one of Perth's largest bus companies
- Their fleet is comprised of 434 buses
- They operate 124 dedicated school services each year
- Their buses cover more than 33 million route kilometres per annum
- They transport more than 26 million passengers annually
- Their services operate every day of the year